Leadership in Education Awards Programme (LEAP)
The Leadership in Education Awards Programme (LEAP) supports you in documenting and evidencing your teaching excellence, and is an opportunity for you to receive a formal, national qualification for your teaching.
The programme is accredited by the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and can award Associate, Fellowship, Senior and Principal HEA Fellowships.
If you join LEAP you'll be assigned a mentor and a peer support group and will also have access to a range of online resources and optional support workshops.
From initial interest to final assessment, here's what you can expect with LEAP:
1. Find out more before you apply
2. Apply for a place on LEAP
3. Allocation of place on the programme or on the waiting list - by email
4. Book and attend workshops
5. Allocation of peer support groups and mentors - by email
5. Book and attend Faculty-led drop-in sessions - by email
6. Submit application for HEA Fellowship through LEAP - by email
7. Assessment of application - by email
LEAP is divided into four pathways to provide you with the most effective support for the level of fellowship for which you are applying:
LEAP to Associate Fellow Pathway (AFHEA)
- for those new to teaching, support staff or those who support teaching and learning as a relatively minor of their role.
LEAP to Fellow Pathway (FHEA)
- for those with a more substantive teaching and learning support role.
LEAP to Senior Fellow Pathway (SFHEA)
- for those with a significant teaching leadership role and who have had an influence on professional practice beyond their own teaching.
LEAP to Principal Fellow Pathway (PFHEA)
- for those who able to demonstrate impact at a strategic level (institutional, national or international context) and a wider commitment to academic practice and leadership in teaching and learning.
Information sessions are run twice per academic year and can help you determine which LEAP pathway is right for you.
- To book a place on the next session, please visit the training catalogue.
- If you are unable to attend a session, a podcast is available.
Apply for a place on LEAP
Information about how to apply for the LEAP
Information about LEAP workshops and the other support available
Deadlines and submission
Information on submitting your LEAP application and the application requirements