The Centre for Academic and Researcher Development (CARD) deliver a series of workshops to support colleagues applying for promotion. There is one session for each promotion track, dates and further information for next years sessions are available below, if you require support before then please contact your School Promotions Champions.
As an equal opportunities employer, the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health is committed to promoting equality and diversity for all and in supporting all suitably qualified candidates for promotion.
As part of our commitment to both the Athena SWAN charter and the Race Equality charter, we particularly welcome female and black, asian and minority ethnic (BAME) colleagues to attend this session. Academic promotions will always be awarded on merit.
- Promotions workshop: Teaching focused - Thursday 27 June 2019, 1-4pm and Wednesday 11 September 2019, 1-4pm
- Promotions workshop: Research focused - Wednesday 26 June 2019, 10am-1pm and Tuesday 10 September 2019, 10am-1pm
- Promotions workshop: Teaching and Research - Wednesday 03 July 2019, 1-4pm and Thursday 19 September 2019, 10am-1pm
- FBMH Promotions Champion Training - Wednesday 04 September 2019, 2-3.30pm
Policies, Procedures and Guidance
Useful documents / information for academic promotions:
- University of Manchester Academic Promotions Page
- FBMH Academic Promotions Procedure 2018 - 2019
- Academic Promotions Criteria to Lecturer Grade 6
- Academic Promotions Criteria to Lecturer Grade 7
- Academic Promotions Criteria to Research Associate
- Academic Promotions Criteria to Research Fellow
- FBMH Academic Promotions Timetable 2018-2019
- Promotion to MAHSC Honorary Clinical Chair
- FBMH Curriculum Vitae Guidance
- FBMH Promotions Champions - local support and guidance for those applying for promotion
Forms for use in academic promotions:
- Form 1 Individual Statement
- Form 2 Senior Colleague Statement
- Form 3 School Promotions Committee Reccommendations
- Form 4 Referee Details
Applicants for promotion are asked to note the following points:
- When selecting a promotions track you should ensure that this is in line with your contract of employment. If you have any queries about this please discuss this with your Head of Division in the first instance.
- Where an application for promotion to Chair is unsuccessful it will not then be considered for promotion to Reader in the same promotions round by either the School or Faculty Promotions Committee.