Name: Graduate Education Team
Place in structure:
Address: 2nd Floor
University of Manchester
Building 58 on campus map (opens in a new window)
Phone: 0161 275 8795
Website: Graduate Education Team Website
The Graduate Education Team supports the development and implementation of strategy and policy for graduate education, in pursuit of the strategic objectives established for the University.
Its functions include:
- Support for the Vice-President for Research, the Associate Vice-President for Graduate Education, and the Associate Deans for Graduate Education in developing and implementing graduate education strategy and policy.
- Project management of major initiatives in graduate education.
- Coordination of activities designed to improve the quality of experience offered by the University to graduate students.
- Coordination of the ongoing development of supervisory practice within the University, both to contribute to the improvement of the student experience and to ensure that the University responds appropriately to changing external requirements.
- Coordination of the ongoing development of skills development for graduate students, both to contribute to the improvement of the student experience and to ensure that the University responds appropriately to changing external requirements.
- Maintaining expert knowledge of the national and international graduate education agenda and environment, disseminating that knowledge across the campus, and co-ordinating the University's response and contribution to external policy development.