The Research Policy team supports the ongoing development and implementation of strategy and policy for research, in pursuit of the strategic objectives established for the University. Its functions include:
- Support for the Vice-President for Research, the Associate Vice-President for Research, and the Associate Deans for Research in developing and implementing research strategy and policy.
- Project management of major initiatives in research policy.
- Coordination and management of the University's participation in periodic Research Excellence Frameworks and other external assessments.
- Maintaining expert knowledge of the national and international research policy agenda and environment, disseminating that knowledge across the campus, and co-ordinating the University's response and contribution to external policy development.
- Servicing the University Research Strategy Group and related working groups and project teams.
Details of all University of Manchester Policies and Procedures can be found at