A number of guidelines and procedures are available regarding staff research at the School of Arts, Languages and Cultures.
Please see the links below to these research policy documents.
- SALC Research Handbook (2017-18)
- SALC Grant Buy-Out Guidelines (PDF)
- Personal Research Allowance (PDF)
- School Institutional Research Leave (PDF)
- Peer Review of Research Grant Applications - Procedures for Applicants, Reviewers and Research Coordinators (Word doc)
- Peer review guidance and template (Word doc)
- SALC Ethics Policy
- SALC Ethics Overview of Process
- SALC PIS example form (Participant Information Sheet) NEW
- SALC Consent example form NEW
- Guidance on Assessing Risk
- SALC Ethics Template Final
- SALC Ethics FAQs
- SALC Generic Risk Assessment UK Off Site
- SALC Generic Risk Assessment International Off Site
- SALC Research Ethics Guidelines
- SALC Research Ethics Training
- Cover Letter to UREC
The following documents contain information about the University's new costing and pricing policy and research proposal approval form.
The research proposal approval form will be completed by the Research Support Office and sent to the applicant to complete relevant sections and to sign as the proposal progresses. Once the proposal is in its final stages this will then be sent by the Research Support Office for signatures. The form must not be completed by the person submitting the proposal.
The Research Support Office will advise applicants on costings, eligibility, research proposal approval form, internal deadlines and submission process as per funder rules, as required.
In addition to contacting the Research Support Office, the applicant must notify their subject research coordinator of their intent to apply and obtain their approval as early as possible in the proposal writing process.