Types of support
We realise that not everyone who is able to access the DSO's service will think of themselves as disabled. For more information about the broad scope of the term 'disability' visit:
The first stage of any contact with our staff Disability Adviser will always be to book an appointment for a confidential chat. We will then look at your requirements on a completely individual basis.
Below is a list of some of the support that we can offer, all of which would be agreed with you before proceeding:
- Liaise with you and your line manager to discuss any adjustments you require in the workplace, and any barriers that are preventing you from fulfilling your role;
- Facilitate access to, and funding for, assistive equipment, travel to and within work, support workers and adaptations to premises and equipment;
- Assist with the administration required for Access to Work Assist with making car parking arrangements;
- Advise on some disability related benefits and support available at home;
- Provide regular reviews of your support and adjustments as you need them;
- Refer to other University support services.
For further information or to book an appointment with our Disability Staff Adviser visit: