Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, Transgender Staff Network Group (ALLOUT)
ALLOUT - The Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, Transgender Staff Network Group
The group was relaunched in February 2010 and renamed ALLOUT in 2013.
ALLOUT is fully inclusive and welcomes all Lesbian,Gay, Bisexual, Trans, non binary staff as well as anyone who may have an interest or wish to support colleagues, friends and relatives. We also encourage those with 'multiple identities' or people questioning their sexual orientation to find out more and to join in the work and activities of ALLOUT.
We run a confidential mailing list as well as organising different events at relevant points throughout the year. As well as being consulted on policy development and review, the group has a place on the bi-annual equality, diversity and inclusion forum where any issues affecting LGBT staff can be put forward. Members of staff (whether formally a member of the group or not) can contact the chair for confidential support and advice on any LGBT issue. The group's Terms of Reference can be seen in the following document:
You can join the confidential mailing list by contacting: email@example.com
February 2018: LGBT History Month. A number of different events will be taking place - keep checking our new pages for more details.
December 2017: World AIDS Day -we raised over £750 with various bake sales and red ribbon boxes around campus. We also ran a lunchtime event entitled Positively Speaking.
November 2017: We'll be marking Transgender Day of Remembrance with the event An Evening With Rachel Mann
September 2017: There will be a number of activities to mark Bisexual Visibility Day
MANCHESTER PRIDE 2017: See full details on our dedicated pages here.
Wednesday 17 May 2017: IDAHOBIT. Check out our events here
February 2017: LGBT History Month. A number of different events will be took place and you can find out more here.
Forthcoming Events & Activities
Next Meeting - The next meeting is 20 March at 12.30pm. To add agenda items please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stonewall - Find out the latest on our dedicated Stonewall Page
The Proud Trust (formerly LGBTY) - discover more about the work of our 'community partner' and work we'll be doing with them on our new pages
The LGBT Network Group produces a regular newsletter/weekly digest - they are archived in the Newsletter Section.
- 2016: Digests Jan & Feb 2016 - Digests Mar & Apr 2016 - Digests May & Jun 2016 - Digests Jul & Aug 2016
- 2015: Weekly digests March 2015 - Weekly digests April 2015 - Weekly digests May 2015 - Weekly Digests June 2015 - Weekly digest July/August - Weekly digests Sept/Oct 2015 - Weekly Digests Nov/Dec 2015
- 2014: Issue 12 (January 2014) - Issue 13 (June 2014) Issue 14 (December 2014)
- 2013: Issue 10 (June 2013) - Issue 11 (August 2013)
- 2012: Issue 6 (February 2012) - Issue 7 (May 2012) - Issue 8 (August 2012) - Issue 9 (December 2012)
- 2011: Issue 4 (March 2011) - Issue 5 (August 2011)
- 2010: Issue 1 (May 2010) - Issue 2 (July 2010) - Issue 3 (October 2010)
LGBT and Religion
You can read a message from Chaplain Rev Ben Edson here.
If you have any questions, please mail: