Deadlines and submission information
The next available submission deadlines are:
- Thursday 19 July 2018
- Thursday 22 November 2018
- Thursday 28 March 2019
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com by 11:59pm on the dates above.
The maximum length of oral presentations and the follow up discussion for applicants submitting via the oral presentation route.
|Presentation (length)||Discussion time (max)|
|Associate Fellow||10 mins||10 mins|
|Fellow||15 mins||15 mins|
|Senior Fellow||20 mins||20 mins|
|Principal Fellow||30 mins||30 mins|
Applicants choosing the oral presentation route should submit the following documents as part of their application:
- Copy of PowerPoint slides
- Two supporting references – one must be from a Fellow of the HEA; both must refer directly to UKPSF and validate your submission. Applicants for Principal Fellow should include a third reference and one referee needs to be outside the institution
- Mapping exercise
- 1 x A4 handout (optional)
The maximum word count of written portfolios for applicants submitting via the written portfolio route.
Please be aware that the assessor’s will not be able to consider any portfolio that is more than 10% over the maximum word limit stated below.
The breakdown of words between the introduction (about me / career journey) and case studies sections are flexible. It is advisable that your introduction should be approximately 500 words with the remainder of the word count being divided between your case studies. It is accepted that some case studies will be longer than others.
|Word length (max) *|
|Associate Fellow||1,500 words|
|Senior Fellow||6,500 words|
|Principal Fellow||8,000 words|
* References and the mapping exercise will not be included as part of the word count.
Applicants choosing the written portfolio route must include the following as part of their application:
- Written portfolio (as a single document)
- Two supporting references – one must be from a fellow of the HEA; both must refer directly to the UKPSF and validate your submission. Applicants for Principal Fellow should include a third reference and one referee needs to be outside the institution
- Mapping exercise
The mapping exercise allows participants to clearly demonstrate where their experience maps to each relevant criteria of the UKPSF.
All applications should include a completed mapping exercise. Please see below for the correct template for your level of fellowship.
If you are submitting via the written portfolio route, the mapping exercise can be brief and should signpost the assessor’s to pages in your written portfolio where you have evidenced against each specific criteria. This is not included in the overall word count.
For those submitting via the oral presentation route, the mapping exercise should be more detailed and should refer to slides in your presentation where you have evidenced against each specific criteria.
- Those applying for Associate Fellow should map their experience to Descriptor 1 of the UKPSF.
- Those applying for Fellow should map their experience to Descriptor 2 of the UKPSF.
- Those applying for Senior Fellow should map their experience to Descriptor 3 of the UKPSF.
- Those applying for Principal Fellow should map their experience to Descriptor 4 of the UKPSF.
Mapping exercise templates
Please note that these documents are templates only and that you may need to add/remove rows/criteria dependent on the level of fellowship for which you are applying