Apply for a place on LEAP
- There are a limited number of places on the programme. Places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The application form will be open twice a year. It will next open at 10am, 05 February 2018.
Terms and Conditions
From September 2017, by applying to LEAP you agree to the following:
- To create a testimonial of your best practice in teaching and learning in one of the following formats:
- a maximum 250 word reflection
- a video recording, either as a 'talking head', or audio recording with slides of your choice
- To undertake a mandatory role as mentor and/or assessor for a period of 24 months post-award, to support your colleagues and your own continuing professional development.
Not sure which pathway to apply for?
If you've secured a place on LEAP then you can always attend the workshop sessions and transfer pathways later.
After you apply
You'll hear within two weeks of the application closing date whether or not you have been successful in securing a place. The next application closing date is 12pm 28 February 2018.
If you are unsuccessful, you'll be added to a waiting list for the next available round of the programme.
Successful candidates will be invited to workshops for their chosen pathway.
- Each workshop lasts for two hours
- There are two workshops per pathway
- Attendance is not compulsory but is encouraged
Workshop dates for 2017/18 are below. Please save the dates in your diary in advance.
|LEAP to Associate Fellowship||LEAP to Fellowship||LEAP to Senior Fellowship||LEAP to Principal Fellowship|
|13 Dec 2017, 09:30-11:30||07 Dec 2017, 09:30-11:30||13 Dec 2017, 14:00-16:00||06 Dec 2017, 14:30-16:30|
|14 Mar 2018, 09:30-11:30||06 Mar 2018, 09:30-11:30||21 Mar 2018, 09:30-11:30||13 Mar 2018, 09:30-11:30|
|19 Apr 2018, 09:30-11:30||26 Apr 2018, 09:30-11.30||18 Apr 2018, 14:00-16:00||18 Apr 2018, 09:30-11:00|
Further help and support
We hope the information on this page and the main LEAP information page will help answer your questions around the LEAP and the application process.
If you still need help, please email the LEAP CPD team or call 0161 275 7565.