This document sets out academic promotions procedures for the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health (FBMH).
The procedures have been devised to ensure the consistent implementation of the University’s policy on academic promotions, as approved by the Board of Governors.
- FBMH Academic Promotions Procedure 2016-17
- FBMH Honorary Appointments and Promotions Procedure 2016-17 - this document sets out the criteria and arrangements for appointment or promotion to MAHSC Honorary Clinical Chair
Queries regarding the process for appointment or promotion to MAHSC Honorary Clinical Chair can be addressed to the following contacts:
- School of Biological Sciences: Kate.Middleton@manchester.ac.uk
- School of Medical Sciences: Andrea.T.Hutcheson@manchester.ac.uk
- School of Health Sciences: Gabrielle.Brennan@manchester.ac.uk
- Academic Promotions Criteria to Senior Roles
- FBMH Supplementary Promotions Guidance 2016-17
- Academic Promotions Criteria to Research Associate (Grade 6)
- Academic Promotions Criteria to Research Fellow (Grade 7)
- Academic Promotions Criteria to Lecturer (Grade 6)
- Academic Promotions Criteria to Lecturer (Grade 7)
For academic promotions CV’s should be laid out according to the Faculty CV Guidelines. Alternatively if you are able to generate a CV from the PURE system you may submit this if you wish.
- Form 1: Individual statement 2016-17
- Form 2: Senior colleague statement 2016-17
- Form 3: SPC recommendation 2016-17
- Form 4: Referee details 2016-17
The Centre for Academic and Researcher Development provide workshop support for those interested in applying for promotion. For more information and to book on to a workshop, please visit the Training Catalogue or follow the links below.
- Promotion workshop for Research Staff
- Promotion workshop: Teaching and Research
- Promotion workshop: Teaching focused